Tuck pointing is a technique which is using by Mason. It is for filling the gaps between the mortar and brick on masonry chimney and walls. It can coordinate the color of the mortar to match the brick. The purpose of Tuck Pointing is to decorate the walls. It is creating the illusion of very fine joints within the wall. It is improving to prevent the wall from moisture and other substances. It can prevent the damage. It is using to interchange with the brick pointing and repointing. It can convert the complex process to easier one. It is very useful and simpler one technique. If you are having a chimney and fireplace at home that you will need this technique in future. The mortar joints can damage sometimes due to heavy rainfall, harsh weather conditions and so on. In this way, tuckpointing is a process of repairing. It can stop the destructive process and provides so many benefits. It is a very crucial procedure. It can preserve the life of a chimney.
Benefits of performing needs Tuck Pointing on Chimney as Follows:
- There is no corrosion of the mortar joints
- The stability of chimney is going for a longer purpose.
- If your repair the mortar joints again and again. Then the joints of your chimney will become weaker and weaker. It will begin to lean or collapse.
- Tuck pointing services helps to prevent water from entering into the chimney system. If you will not repair the mortar joint then water will step down the chimney. Moisture can damage your chimneys such as rotting wood, mildew, mold and many more. It can also cause the ceiling and wallpaper around the chimney to become a stain.
- It can improve the quality of your chimney.
There are so many centers who are having expert technicians. These technicians are very much expert to resolve your problems. You cannot resolve on its own. If you are having a problem then you have to contact the expert one. You can also take the information from the internet. You can avail so many facilities over the internet with the help of them. They can also give you the training on how to fix it my own. They can show you what the right or wrong thing for your chimney. They can fulfill your requirements as per your need.
The basic idea behind the tuck-pointing is it can remove the damaged mortar. It can replace by fresh mortar. In the Tuck Pointing there is a red brick chimney involves:
- At the depth of the old mortar, the person can remove from the grounding or routing level.
- Then it can fill by a red mortar in the newly routed grooves.
- Cutting the thin strips down the middle of the red mortar. It can form the grooves.
- At last filling in the grooves. It can match with the mortar color where it can match with original one. This can show on the outside structure of the chimney. It will become very easy to repair your old mortar to a new one.